Friday, July 22, 2011

The Past, the Present, the Future; Vacationing in the UP, Upper Peninsula of Michigan

I loved coming down the road and seeing the sign for Arrow Lodge. Now it is called Wilderness Bay.


My dad always like closed faced spinning reels. I have never found them to be dependable. It is often cold in July in Michigan.


This is the road that goes to Land O' lakes, Wisconsin. It was a dirt road back in the seventies.


I loved my Blazer, but when the gasoline went up so much I had to trade it in for better fuel economy. I love driving a truck down a shady dirt road.

We were shopping in Land O' Lakes when we took this picture. Sorry Tommy about those shoes.


A few years later.


Most people rented these small aluminum boats and motors. Few patrons brought their own boats. The tree in the foreground is gone, but much is the same.


This is the lodge before it was remodeled and a second floor added. It had a restaurant when we first went there, but not a store. The Yackels added the store.


No comments:

Post a Comment