Sunday, March 3, 2013

Jack and Oily (Philip) Christopher

I saw an obituary for Jack on the left and it saddened me. Oily is on the right. I think he died in Viet Nam. Jack grew up on the same street as me. We played softball on the street corner. He married Jean, the girl next door, and they remained together until his death in 2012. He is the father of four. Some of the other kids we grew up with were: Richard Stevens, Corky Carlson, Ron Gorniak, Alan Matsushima, Rick Jenson, Tommy and Jimmy O'Boyle, Gilbert and Florian.

I have a scar on my nose that happened when Jack was trying for a rebound at the Moos School basketball court. I also have a broken finger from catching a line drive from one of our corner baseball games with Jack and the guys. Just memories

No comments:

Post a Comment