Friday, March 1, 2013

My 1957 Pontiac Was My First Car

I love the story about how I bought this car. I was working part time at Jewel Food stores and attending junior college. A top clerk named Leo was selling this '57 Pontiac for two hundred and fifty dollars. Leo was the cool guy who used to buy us beer at the corner liquor store. I made forty dollars a week and it didn't take long for me to get the money to buy Leo's car. I drove over to Leo's garage with my dad. The car had been in an accident but it was in good running condition. The car was pink with large patches of grey primer. The interior was grey and white and in immaculate condition. The grill was in pieces on the floor and some of the chrome side moldings were missing. I bought the car, ordered the missing chrome, and my older brother Johnny had the car painted candy apple red. With the natural rake, deep red paint, white rag top, and Hollywood mufflers this car looked and sounded great. Mouths dropped at Jewel when I showed up for work and parked my prize. Leo's new car wasn't too shabby either. He bought a white 1960 Chevy Supersport with bucket seats. I wonder what Leo is doing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment