Wednesday, July 20, 2011

White Castle Cheesburgers




White Castle cheeseburgers are a Chicago tradition. This is the only franchise my dad took me to when I was a child. I remember us piling in the car on a cold winter day and going to the White Castle on Clybourn Street and North Avenue in Chicago. The picture you are looking at is their location in Gurnee Mills, Illinois. We took this picture after shopping in the Bass Pro Shop. White Castle cheeseburgers are unique. They are small; you can eat six to twelve at a time. The meat is square, thin, with holes in it for fast even cooking. The buns are moist, making them slide down as you eat them. I suppose it is an acquired taste, but I like them. They came in a box that looks like a castle. Click on the picture and it will get larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment