Monday, August 22, 2011

Packing For Michigan, For Traveling, For Fishing, For Vacationing, For Arrow Lodge Resort in the Northwoods

The art of packing a lot of stuff in a small space. The outboard motor, the 5 gallon gas can, fishing tackle; food, clothes, and cooking equipment. Then hook up the boat and load the kids in. Back then we started our trip with a bag full of Hostess Ho Hos, Hostess pies, Ding Dongs and a lot of other unhealthy junk. I'm not sure how we survived all that.


This boat was just too heavy for the car's transmission.


I bought the Bronco to pull the boat. But the boat trailer didn't have brakes and one year we went airborne off an icy ramp, crashed through the guard rail, and ended up in a low area of grass. God was with us on that accident. We put the vehicle in four wheel drive and motored off.


I bought this Toyota to get better mileage. For some reason money was tight and I sold the boat and Bronco. I was going to college to become a teacher and Jill was going to Grinell College in Iowa..


See, Jill did fish once in awhile.


Not the best boat for fishing. Sometimes Tommy and I would sit on the back platform and fish. This boat had an inboard motor and was great for water skiing.


This cabin is no longer there. We first stayed in this cabin in 1971. I liked it and wish it was still there.


The day ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment