Thursday, August 4, 2011

Puppies, Puppies, Nothing But Basset Hound Puppies, Their Mom and Max

Dicken's mom tells us, "You be nice to my little pup."


Pat and I made a long drive to a suburb of Chicago to buy a Basset Hound puppy. I picked out Dickens. He had a blue eye and a brown eye. He was a mischievous dog, very curious about the world. The lady took him out of the pen and let him loose in the kitchen. Dickens explored everywhere and he got behind a broom and knocked it over. I told her we'd buy him, but we couldn't take him that day; we had to come back in a couple of weeks so the puppies could have their shots and spend a little more time nursing with their mother. I had heard somewhere that it is good to select a dog that shows an interest in you. When we came back the lady let the litter loose on her front sidewalk. Right down the sidewalk comes this handsome puppy and he puts his head immediately on my knee and he looks up at me with those droopy eyes. I asked the lady if this dog was sold. She said it was, but the people changed their minds. So I asked if I could buy him. She said I could, but I knew she was worried that Dickens wouldn't be sold. She was relieved when I said I would buy them both. I named him Einstein. It's good to have two dogs so that they have a buddy to keep them company.


That is Einstein on the left and Dickens on the right. I brought them home in this box and they slept in the box and during the night I kept my hand in the box with them. Those were magical days I will always remember.


How cute are they? They could steal my heart. They did. I believe our dogs are in heaven.


Tommy likes dogs. We enjoyed visiting Pat and her dogs. Pat never minded if my puppies had an accident.


Dickens checking out the front yard.


Look at those paws.


Max surveys the scene. Who are those puppies that have invaded my house? Max could run like the wind.


No comments:

Post a Comment